How to set up a cPanel redirect
- Log into your cPanel, and look for "Redirects" under Site Management
- Put in the current directory into the first box
- Put the new directory in the second box
- Choose the type (temporary or permanent)
- Click "Add" and you're done!
How to set up a .htaccess redirect
Redirect 301 /example/test.html http://www.yoursite.com/newlocation/newpage.htmlCut and paste this code into your .htaccess file. "Redirect 301" means that it is a permanent redirect. You can change it to "Redirect 302" for a temporary redirect. If you have no number, then it will default to a temporary (302) redirect. Change the "/example/test.html" to your old location. Then put your new location in where it says "http://www.yoursite..../newpage.html". You're done!
Either method is really simple and should get the job done.