Trouble Moving Cms From Different Host

Hello,

I recently set up an account here to move a client's site from a host that is/was running Windows/Apache/PHP/MySQL. The site has a CMS that refuses to work properly.

I was given this information by the old webmaster:

<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerName url.com

ServerAlias www.url.com

DocumentRoot "c:\SWB\url"

php_value include_path ".;c:\SWB\url"

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule "^/([^_#/][^/]*/)*([^_#/][^/]*\.(php|asp|aspx|htm|html))?$" "/__page_renderer.php$0" [QSA]

</VirtualHost>

I cannot get the URL rewriting to work; since this is now on a *nix box I changed the RewriteRule to

RewriteRule ^([^_#/][^/]*/)*([^_#/][^/]*\.(php|asp|aspx|htm|html))?$ /__page_renderer.php$0 [QSA] (removed '/' from the beginning of the regex) but still get a 404 error stating 'The requested URL /__page_renderer.php was not found on this server.'

Does any of this information need to be placed in the VirtualHost container or can I do this all through .htaccess? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Well for one thing DocumentRoot "c:\SWB\url" will not work as these are Linux servers. Same with your php_value for include_path.

Sorry I don't know what to tell you to put into the .htaccess file (where you would need to enter it) to make it work. Maybe if you tell the old webmaster you are using Linux he will give you more instruction.

Another thing is has the domain propagated? The rewrite rules will not work if not I don't believe.

Well for one thing DocumentRoot "c:\SWB\url" will not work as these are Linux servers. Same with your php_value for include_path.

Sorry I don't know what to tell you to put into the .htaccess file (where you would need to enter it) to make it work. Maybe if you tell the old webmaster you are using Linux he will give you more instruction.

Another thing is has the domain propagated? The rewrite rules will not work if not I don't believe.

The code I presented was just for reference. I've changed the include_path value to the relevant value. The domain hasn't propagated yet -it's still hosted on another server. I've been able to test rewriterule before propagation prior to this time so I'm kind of at a loss.

The old webmaster didn't even know what I was asking for when I asked for the Apache settings they had in place, so he's no help unfortunately.

Thanks for the response