Sqlyog

acsteve

I thought i would try another approach and program. I am trying to connect to my database i created in my c-panel but with no luck. It seems easy enough but it will not connect. maybe someone could help. Attached is a pic of the connect window for the program sqlyog. I have tried all that I know. I have put ftp.domainname like one does with dreamweaver which works in dreamweaver BTW. I have tried an IP address that is in my c-panel as a "shared address" I have tried http://www mydomainname, every way i can think of. Can we even connect this way.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Steve

PS attachment does not seem to work but hopefully some one has worked with this very popular program and can help.

Edited by acsteve

Well, I just downloaded and installed this program and it works.

When I created my connection I entered the following:

MySQL Host address: mydomain.ext

Username: mycpanelname_database-user

Password: mypassword

I left the port information unchanged

Database: mycpanelname_database-name

And I added my IP to the Access Hosts in cPanel.

Doing this all and it worked.

Well thank you Bruce. I got it. I however was not able to connect the way you were. I had to put the ip address in my c pannel or server390.snhdns.com either way it worked. I tried your way under host name, my domain.ext but could get no where. In any case I have it now.

Steve