Multiple Domains?

Guest GuestJamesGuest

• 7 months later...

On the virtual plans you may park as many domains as you want on top of each other, but to use several domains for different content you would need multiple accounts.

On a reseller plans this would be allowed.

Say for example you made a sub-domain for different content on your website. What if you purchased a domain to link to that sub-domain? Is that against the rules?

In some cases, the reseller packages appear to be total overkill for users who need very basic hosting, but would like to get the most out of their virtual server by hosting multiple websites on it. I recognize this creates a moral hazard because some users might resell their hosting, but is there a way to prove that the hosting is used for personal reasons.

Per our Acceptable Use Policy, You may only host one domain per virtual account; resellers are allowed to host unlimited domains.

This policy is not just about reselling, we have a very low limits set on the number of accounts allowed per shared/reseller servers to insure everyone gets the most out of their hosting account.

Per our Acceptable Use Policy, You may only host one domain per virtual account; resellers are allowed to host unlimited domains.

This policy is not just about reselling, we have a very low limits set on the number of accounts allowed per shared/reseller servers to insure everyone gets the most out of their hosting account.

So it's an issue over bandwidth and storage? I'm confused.

So it's an issue over bandwidth and storage? I'm confused.

TCH is a business that provides Budget Hosting, and as a business they need to make a profit. If they allow unlimited domains on one account where is the profit? There are also the issues of additional bandwidth and other resources used on a shared server.

Yes everyone wants to get as much as they can out of the money they spend, but $4 a month has little room for profit even with just one domain.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim Hock

Can I create a sub-domain to redesign my site while leaving the main site running until I finish the redesign? They would contain the same content (more or less), but I'd like to totally change the format.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

i have the silver hosting package and i have hosted 2 domains on my 1 account, i got rid of the domain i wasnt using long ago and now have another domain for which i will be using alot for my other business but cant figure out how to add it to my account. the site says exisiting domain box it doesnt give option on what my other domain name is. what do i do. i have a support ticket for sales but they dont seen much help lol