Tch Review

I have returned to TCH after spending a year with another host. The reason I left was +1 domain. I have two domains, each important for me and I did not want to have 2 hosting accounts. Later, TCH allowed me to have these two subdomains hosted.

As always, TCH support is great. Sometimes live chat tend to give a link, sometimes they are spending lots of time analyzing problem. I had some problems (my own fault!) with backup and it was intense exchange of emails. Finally, everything was restored. Then, some mismatch of old-new usernames came. I was notified by TCH support staff in an email. Contacted live support, they spend some time and finally told I am to change username and that I should adress billing dpt to do this. Opened ticket, within 15 minutes everything went ok.

The only thing I can't understand was a problem with my Lithuanian letters. My sites are in Lithuanian, as I live in Lihuania and Lithuanian language uses some special characters. The situation looked following:

TCH: "Pradžia" (correct - "Pradžia")

another host: "Prad?ia" (correct - "Pradžia")

TCH'2009: "Pradžia" (correct - "Pradžia").

I do not know if I am allowed to mention another host name (if I am not, it may still be found at my TCH review at Webhostingtalk). I was told it may be due to backup problems. Or it may be something with old host server. Anyway, it works and now my language is back to normal.

So far (wel...1 week), so good. Keep up a good job, Totalchoice.

Welcome back!

It is always great to hear from our returning customers. Specially the ones who have a common ground with the family. I am from Lithuania and am very familiar with the special characters in this language. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you out and make you, once again, a happy TCH customer.

Jolita

I had the chance to meet Jolita's mother and father who were visiting the states for the first time. I learned alot about their country and I was proud to have Jolita on staff.

PS: Her father may be a vodka drinker, but I still out drank him!

• 3 weeks later...

One question about downtime. In this forum it is stated Quanton server (where my monetos.net are hosted) had "00 min" downtime as per Jan 20 - Jan 21.

However, SiteUptime web service has indicated that:

Alert Type: Site Not Available

Result: Failed

Time: January 20, 2009 14:27:14

HostName/URL: www.monetos.net

Just wondering, was it less than 1 minute downtime? It was not a real problem for me (rather a kind of surprise).

The only thing I can't understand was a problem with my Lithuanian letters. My sites are in Lithuanian, as I live in Lihuania and Lithuanian language uses some special characters. The situation looked following:

TCH: "Pradžia" (correct - "Pradžia")

another host: "Prad?ia" (correct - "Pradžia")

TCH'2009: "Pradžia" (correct - "Pradžia").

I do not know if I am allowed to mention another host name (if I am not, it may still be found at my TCH review at Webhostingtalk). I was told it may be due to backup problems. Or it may be something with old host server. Anyway, it works and now my language is back to normal.

So far (wel...1 week), so good. Keep up a good job, Totalchoice.

This sounds like a default character set issue to me, but I may be incorrect.

I'm not sure but try putting this at the top of your html in the <head> tags

><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

However, SiteUptime web service has indicated that:

Just because a free remote monitoring service reports a failure does not mean the server was "down". It means they did not receive a response to the URL in a specific amount of time. It could be any number of other reasons, for instance a network where a line has been cut. Or it requested the URL at the exact instant you were working on it and replacing the page.

The stats here at TCH will tell you if a server is actually down.

• 9 months later...

Soon,it will be a honey month year with Totalchoicehosting. Of course, full review will be posted at Webhostingtalk - but still some thoughts.

I really enjoy being with Totalchoice and can one more time repeat what I have said: your support is excellent. I can't remember the names of all people I have talked via live chat or email, but all of them did care about my problems. And my problems were not huge ones - problems with backup, a mess with POP mail etc. Everyone seems to be interested in solving my problems. Another good thing - TCH forum, where I can get quick and professional support too. It was once that I got the final answer here, not via support ticket.

I had no downtine, nor my friends reported one.

Keep up a good work, TCH!

• 2 weeks later...

There is your support worker, called Ellis. Talked to her (name "Vytautas") today via live chat.

Just wanted to say her thanks for restoring my website (monets[dot]net) which went offline due to some Typo3 error. She restored within 1-2 minutes. Great work!

• 1 month later...

My (return) year with TCH ends. As I have written on Webhostingtalk - it was a honey year. Almost no problems and the very few were resolved very quickly and in a professional way. That's why I do like TCH support, all of them.

Of course, I prolonged my contract for another year. As I am absolutely sure I will receive the same high quality service with a rare non-overselling hosting provider.

:xmas: Happy New Year, Totalchoicehosting! :)

• 6 months later...

There has been an issue with my Nameservers for the past several days, which resulted in some (but not all) of the sites on my machine being unreachable by the world. Repeated contacts with Alex and Tina at the Help Desk made it clear that my problem could not easily be reproduced from there, and it looked very much as if they couldn't fix it. But they stuck with me on it, eventually calling in Dick DeVance to help.

____________________________________________________________________________________