Site Structure

Guest Louie Law

Guest Louie Law

I am intending to open a reseller's account hosting five or six unique sites with several add on domain names for each. Each will be a Joomla site. Would the directory for each site reside in the public_html folder of the primary domain? Or, is there a better approach to the installation of several sites? I have never worked with hosting for more than a single site.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Louie

It is possible to host six or unlimited domains under your reseller hosting account within the resources allocated to you. You can host these domains as separate individual hosting accounts in server so that they will not come under the main reseller public_html directory avoiding any confusion. They will be treated as any other individual accounts in server but owned under main reseller account. You can create this accounts through WHM of main reseller account. As an alternative to this you can go for the addon domain feature in cpanel but I would recommend the latter as it avoid confusion regarding home directories of each domain.

Guest Louielaw

I guess that the DNS will have to be change with my domain registrar prior to my being able to access the c-panel on my account. Will that kill my existing domains on the HostMonster server?

After you have signed up with TCH and have receied your username etc, you can log in to your cpanel here at TCH by going to http://ip-adress of the server/~username.

It will not kill the site on the other host, but once you have changed name servers at your registrar, the propagation begins, which means that one minute the domain may point to the old host, the next minute to TCH. So do not change name servers until you feel ready for it.