Thumbnail Images Not Showing In Rss Feed

24gotham

I am hoping this is the right place for this post, if not, please let me know.

I have had my PixelPost based photoblog (24gotham) hosted on TCH for nearly two years, and I am consistently getting emails from readers about not being able to see the thumbnails of the images in their RSS feed. I have searched nearly everywhere for an answer, and it was brought to my attention that the issue may be that my host is blocking them. Every time I tested it, things looked fine.

Finally in further testing, I discovered what my readers are speaking of. The thumbs work do just fine if you click on the RSS Feed link on my site. The links to the images also work fine... But if you add this to your reader and comeback anywhere from a few hours later to the next day, the functionality disappears (when you left click on the icon, you get a forbidden message). All you get is text... And when you click on the link for the promary image, the following error comes up:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/20090326184440_24gotham_20090320_0712.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request"

What gives TCH Folks? I have other folks photoblogs on my reader and never have any troubles.

Does TCH block the thumbs in my RSS feed? If not, does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

We are not blocking your feeds in anyway, and I can view them just fine in FireFox but not in IE.

It appears you are using the Hot linking feature in cPanel and this is most likely the source of your problem. Try enabling the option "Allow direct requests" under the Hot linking feature, this should correct the problem.

Please let us know if this helps.