Looking For Suggestions

perfectdreams

I'm sick and tired of having to upgrade and update WP every flipping time I want something to run right. That, and it's one of the easiest systems to hack into (a good size amount of people in my WP groups have been attacked already, causing corrupt files, even ones that haven't been touched in weeks). I need something simple (main reason I'd gone with WP in the first place), and something I'm not going to have to update every other week because the creators can't seem to fix all the problems at once, and continually ignore the biggest flaws.

I'm sick and tired of having to upgrade and update WP every flipping time I want something to run right....I need something simple

Then don't use movable type! It's not simple and it's far from simple to upgrade. At least WP is easily updated (judging from what you're saying). Btw, I use MT and I'm largely satisfied with my choice (I have a commercial license). Still, I'd been thinking of using WP for a new blog I'm starting but now I'm wondering if I should. I mean, I can use MT under my license but I was thinking I wanted to learn something new and work with a new program. Should I drop WP from consideration? I've got it loaded but haven't fiddled with it much.

Still, I'd been thinking of using WP for a new blog I'm starting but now I'm wondering if I should. I mean, I can use MT under my license but I was thinking I wanted to learn something new and work with a new program. Should I drop WP from consideration? I've got it loaded but haven't fiddled with it much.

I'd say give WP a try. I have installed my share of copies of it. Know at least 50 people using it and have never been hacked once. Not to say that it can't be hacked but I have never heard of anyone being hacked before perfectdreams posted that.

And I run three blogs using it, my wife has two. We have never had a corrupt database either in the two years we have been using it.

I think WP is the best blogging platform out there. I tried several others before and several others since I started using WP just about two years ago. It is loaded with features, it's fast, it doesn't drag down server resources (Moveable Type, I'm looking at you), and there aren't really that many updates that it's unmanageable. And the updates take maybe 5 minutes to install when they are released.

Usually when I've seen people run into problems it's because of some poorly written plugin, or too many plugins installed. Last guy I know that got hacked was using v1.2, and that was well after 2.whatever was released, so he couldn't really complain.