6 replies to this topic

#1 Head Guru

Head Guru

Bill Kish Head Guru

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

This forum post is in regards to our blog posting in which we outlne upcoming Apache and PHP upgrades across our shared and Reseller servers.

The blog announcement can be read here : http://blog.totalcho...2/php-upgrades/

If you have any questions of comments please feel free to ask away in this forum thread.

Thank you.

Bill Kish

Head Cook and Bottle Washer

If you need help with your account or have any questions, please feel free to contact me using any of the contact methods below.  I can be reached 24 hours a day seven days per week.

Office :: 800-930-0485 x211
Mobile :: 248-632-3243

email: bill(at)totalchoicehosting.com

Instant Messenger -
AOL Instant Messenger: tchgurubill
Yahoo Messenger : tchgurubill
MSN Messenger : tchgurubill@hotmail.com

Thank you for your support and continued business

#2 shoes

shoes

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

Fantastic news! Way to go TCH

#3 TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

When the switch occurs, what PHP version will existing accounts be defaulted to - 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 or 7.0?

If 7.0, is there something I can do to set things before the switch to ensure a prior version is used?

I ask because I know for a fact many of the scripts I use are not PHP 7.0 compatible. They are 5.6 compatible though.

- Jeff

#4 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,172 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

When the switch occurs, what PHP version will existing accounts be defaulted to - 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 or 7.0?

Just a wild guess now, but I would think 5.4.

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#5 wkg

wkg

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'm currently at 5.4 and request, in the strongest possible terms, that this not change after the switch. I am willing to explore working my way to higher versions, but at my own step-by-step pace to test my scripts at each level. I assume this is what the MultiPHP Manager will allow?

#6 TCH-Billy

TCH-Billy

New To The Neighborhood

• Admins
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

The default version will be 5.6. 

If you have currently selected 5.4, this will not be changed. 

The default to 5.6 will only affect customers on 5.3. 

Also, effective after the change: PHP can be set per domain or sub-domain via the cPanel MultiPHP Manager

This means- PHP Can no longer be set per directory via cPanel but you can do so manually in any directory.

#7 wkg

wkg

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

If you have currently selected 5.4, this will not be changed. 

The default to 5.6 will only affect customers on 5.3. 

Also, effective after the change: PHP can be set per domain or sub-domain via the cPanel MultiPHP Manager

This means- PHP Can no longer be set per directory via cPanel but you can do so manually in any directory.

Thanks, Billy.

I have a couple of clients with really old scripts that even had to be patched when we moved to 5.4. Setting the version per domain will be a nice feature. I don't think I'll need by-directory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users