Installing A Shoutbox..?

rbb213

ADMINNNNNN

I have everything installed, but I keep getting some errors...

Warning: file(home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shouts.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shoutbox_csv.php on line 52

Warning: file(home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shouts.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shoutbox_csv.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shoutbox_csv.php:52) in /home/.../public_html/shoutbox/shoutbox.php on line 130

Any ideas.....

Feel free to fix them for me...lol...

Rocky

Edit: TCH-Bruce - removed user information - please don't post your complete path in these forums, you're just asking for trouble

create a file called shouts.txt in your shoutbox directory. you may need to change permissions for the shouts.txt file to 777.

tried that, still no dice...

No I mean the original script, the site where you got the script.

I can try to install it Saturday if I get the chance.

Iknew that too...It desnt matter whether its a db or csv db.....

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=314265

Thanks Don

Edited by rbb213

If you want to use the CSV version, open shoutbox_csv.php. Line 9 is where you set the the location of shouts.txt. For some reason, even though the file lives in the same directory as the script, they felt the need to define the full path (although I should note that it works for me with the full path). If you just change it to:

>$shoutfile = "shouts.txt";

you should be fine. Haven't looked at the MySQL one yet.

Edited by timhodge

I was looking at your site and the answer finally reached out and slapped me in the face. Despite my feeling that "shouts.txt" works just fine, they insist on putting the full path to the file in the variable. Both work for me. You have neither.

You have:

>/public_html/shoutbox/shouts.txt

rather than:

>/home/username/public_html/shoutbox/shouts.txt

Sure enough, if I take out the /home/username I can make mine look like yours.

Thanks Tim, I did what you said, and low and behold, IT WORKS!!!...

Im am amazed of the knowlegde from the people on these boards.....This is truely amazing on how you guys can pin point my issues and assisting me to fix them....

KUDOS to all....