Free Blog

BlueTooth

There are many choices out there. Via your cPanel, Fantastico can easily install one of these, including WordPress. Once installed, you can just start blogging. Once you get going, you can then install add-ons, new themes, and more by downloading from the WordPress site.

Just a quick plug for SpamKarma. Its caught more than 20,000 spams on my blog since I installed it.

Do you realize how much time that has saved me!!! Wow.

I love SpamKarma. I seriously need to make a donation to the person who wrote it.

• 1 month later...

Can you use this SpamKarma to block spam on forums, or is it just for blogs? I had to shut down my forum because of the spam. I didn't know enough about the mgmt. panel to control it. If I install the Wordpress blog - is it just for me to blog, or does it open it up for others to blog too?

I'm pretty sure SK is just for WP. Would have to Google around some more.

When you install WP you create an admin account that controls what the blog can be used for. You can keep yourself as the only one who can blog, or you can let other people register and assign them roles - just like in a forum where some people can post, some people can moderate, and some people can have full control over the forum.

Summary of WP Roles:

* Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features

* Editor - Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people's posts, etc.

* Author - Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts

* Contributor - Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts

* Subscriber - Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.

You can read more about WP roles and capabilities here.