Win A Laptop!

Head Guru

Tiny? My monitor is hugemongous! It's a 19 inch, my mom gave it to me for Christmas, my previous monitor was a 17 inch and weighed like 80 pounds. yeah my keyboard is small, but im used to it.!

I meant - Your such a big guy that the monitor and keyboard look so small.

:angry:

not submitting these for the contest, but since something to do with these pics did in fact affect my work area I'm gonna post em anyway :angry:

My main system was in a big old full tower case, nice AMD system with almost a 1GHz over clock on the processor, water cooled cpu and video card...man it was quiet. Then all heck broke loose, my resevoir sprung a leak and sprayed water all over my motherboard, I almost cried. Anyway after a day of drying out and switching back to air cooling all is fine again.

Heres a before shot with the water cooled set up

000_0620.JPG

And after, moved into a lightweight alumimum case and air cooled

000_0626.JPG

Water cooling is fun, but unless your a real enthusiast it can be a pain in the backside.

Well, here's my spot against the wall - cats knocked down my pictureof St. Andrews Club House. In attendance is Major McNamara, Gorrilla-In-Charge of All Things, wearing his CPD K-9 Unit cap. This model comes equipped with cold coffee, Computer Eye Drops, half-used ball point pens, ibuprofen and miscellaneous cat toys hidden under the shelf. Hairballs optional. Oh, that's Phooch, the NYPD 9/11 Rescue Pup on top of the Monitor - he keeps McNamara from getting drunk when the moon is full.

Beth :D

post-165-1077668686_thumb.jpg

Hey Everyone,

This is actually my first post even though I have been using Total Choice Hosting for my website for 2 years and just renewed for a third. Thanks TCH. This seemed like a good time to make my first post though. I have two pictures because my setup is rather large, I like to be comfortable when I work. First I have my tower and projector on one end of my bedroom (not the greatest picture of me below) and then there is the 100" diagonal screen for the projector at the other end of my room. Great for gaming and design, but not too good for word processing. :) ~Nicole

PICT0014.JPG

PICT0010.JPG

wow, that makes me feel all inferrior and stuff. But it'd be kind of hard to do my programming on that screen since I probably couldn't read half of what I was typing. Dang nice though, makes a super awesome multimedia setup!

Looks like a bottle of Bass to me.

Jackie, you wouldn't think about work so much if you didn't have your business card taped to your monitor.

haha true . . . but work is kinda never ending for me right now :)

and Bass it is

one question..do you have to be a customer of TCH to enter? or can you be "staff" on a website of a customer ? ;)

anyway, whether you do or not doesnt matter that much ....i can definitely say...that rat is real, and very cool!!

doesnt like me much tho, then again, food+sleeping is all rats car about...oh yeah...and eating pata's mouse cable :)

OK here are some "older" pics some of you may remember:

DVDcontest1.gif

Then after I "cleaned" it:

DVDcontest6.gif

And the "area" at the time:

DVDcontest2.gif

Well If you remember I told you one day It would be different. Well here is the "area" now:

finished3.gif

And here is the requirement for the contest now......yes it is a mess yet I KNOW where everything is....

garagenow.jpg

Here is a link to the process and story behind my "cave". There is even a movie at about 22MB and you do need the DIVX (www.divx.com) codec to play it on WMP.

Thanks for stoppping by.

http://facciolli.com/my_garage.htm

Hijacked my daughter room, and turned it into my evil laboratory, where I will take over the world someday.

After seeing this picture I really need to lose the pink with hearts walls. Yuck! They look really ghey in this picture, but I think I offset it nicely with all my crap laying around.

If you think this is bad, you should see where I work. Seeing that they do not allow camera's you will have to use your imagination. Imagine, if you will, a large warehouse with many machines and lots of shiny buttons, gauges, meters, and computer monitors with totalchoicehosting webpage on them.

It's not very glamorous, but it pays the bills.

post-165-1077766657_thumb.jpg

Here is a 360° view of my work area. The monitors without TCH on it are actually not working and one is running our Novell server.

mergthmb.jpg

Click here for a bigger view

And here is my desk, just a little messy at the moment and it has been cleaned recently!! Just don't ask me to find a piece of paper you gave me.

deskthmb.jpg

Click here for a bigger view

TCH is one of the best hosting sites that I have found. Four sites hosted and counting!!! Why can't others be better with their service and cheaper with their prices????

Rock Sign

I title this

"There is a method to the madness"

You can see the Trinidad Express one of our daily newpapers to the top left corner (the papers always goes there...and it changes every day) my G-Shock watch to the far right...I always take it of when working (it just seems to get tighter when I type). Right below the monitor you can see my K.44 headphones (for shutting out the world). If you can see the sticker on my tower...you'll see it reads Dual Bios (never figured out how to use that). Next to the monitor under some paper you'll notice an external DVD burner...got that last year...(only used it three times). Under the desk you'll notice a mess of cords...a piece of my bag and the unconfortable blue chair that saves space. All of this adds up to equal the "The perfect working environment" and of course...TCH...

juma

post-165-1077807755_thumb.jpg

Rock Sign

Here's my........life !

post-165-1077825693_thumb.jpg

I need a RAT!! woooot

He could help me with my English101 paper that was due yesterday! Thumbs Up

It's funny just how different settings suit each person.

If you think this is bad, you should see where I work. Seeing that they do not allow camera's

Hahaha... Hasn't stopped me yet!

Robert

Here's mine, one shot with flash and other without... sorry for the blurry night one, just don't have a tripod to keep the camera still! Btw, this is a room in a frat house (Lambda Chi Alpha at Cornell University for the curious), so hence the use of some "different" decorations and objects :-D

post-165-1077866394_thumb.jpg

Well, here are the systems at work. The pic was taken at our production area. The PCs are connected to Xenetech engravers, laser engravers, sublimation printers, full-color banner printers, and vinyl cutter. The image below is my official work entry, but the following links are also taken at work:

MVC-094S.JPG

I personally like the laser engravers (not shown). I'm planning to use those lasers to engrave something on my PC's acrylic window. Naughty

Pic 1. This work area is reserve for the digital, full-color banner printer. The semi-truck is going on a bigger outdoor banner. Looks pretty nice, huh? :D

Pic 2. Closer look of the Xenetech PC.

Pic 3. 7-11 Coffee is the beverage of choice around here :P

Pic 4. Another photo of the Xenetech system.

Edited by james8547

From my webcam, 'cause I don't have a digital camera.

EDIT: I thought I'd explain my "desktop" area. I don't tend to use my desk at all. It's a rather rare occasion that I find myself needing to concentrate so much as to leave the setup shown in the picture.

What exactly is that setup in the picture? It's the left hand side of my sofa. Cushion 1 for the laptop, Cushion 2 for me, Cushion 3 for any papers or books I'm working off of. If the camera was to swivel the other direction, away from the computer, you'd be looking right at the television.

So I generally work and watch television on the couch as my home work area. There's no television where my desk is, hence the reason I only use the desk when I need to concentrate without the television. (If I'm near it, I turn it on.)

post-165-1078069857_thumb.jpg

:lol:

Ok, some far out desk areas here.

As long as some of ya'll r doin' comebacks, here is my OTHER desk, where I actually do more time than at the rolltop.

:D

btw - I think so far it's a tie for messiest betwixt mushix and gobadgrs.

You gotta love all those cereal bowls. heh heh :D

post-165-1078092401_thumb.jpg

Come on people! A mac is nothing to be ashamed of. Thumbs Up (as long as your running X)

Amazed at the artifacts some of you are getting on with. kudos.

This is my hole in the ground. You can experience it here.

tch.jpg

soon to be remodeled btw.

this isn't my submission it's below.. but here is a nifty little sig tag i made of my workspace a few weeks ago.. just for fun

fromthedeskofLaura.jpg

ahh and one more shot of my work station...

robertoncomp.gif

well here is my unaltered, not even cleaned up work area.. as you can tell it's very lived in by me and my 5 year old.

Lady Magenta *Laura*

post-165-1078156955_thumb.jpg

I have a variety of input devices to suit my mood. Oh, and an alter ego on the right monitor. This is the desk where I work.

MyDesk.jpg

Since you can have a work and a home entry and I work in my home I'm not sure this second one is a valid entry or not. If it isnt, disregard it. If it is, here ya go (Start 'em young I say!), my 3.5 yo's PII:

home.jpg

This image is a 5 minute exposure with my pinhole camera. The screen looks funny because, while I had it on TCH, my screen saver also came on (during the 5 minutes!). I also have pinhole pictures on my site, www.nancybreslin.com.

post-165-1078496891_thumb.jpg

Computer table in my studio - 360MB, 1965 disk drive sculpture, named the Oracle. The drive is a CDC Control Data 9766 model that come out of the L.A. Times classified main frame room. The 14" drive has 11, 2 sided platters & one index platter turning at 1100 rpm, (originaly 4000 rpm), and the heads move in and out by a magnetic voice coil, but can not read or write data now. The table has a modern day 120 gb Seagate drive in it to back-up the laptop. The hands and goddess head, references the Greek Oracle - source of wisdom.

post-165-1078526333_thumb.jpg

This might seem like a DUH! question, but I just hafta ask.

How come so many folks have two (or more) monitors? ;)

Hugzzz

Many folks are doing many different things and it requires the use of either different operating systems, or to have multiple screens going at once.

Or they have multiple machines (his and hers, or work and personal, etc.) and just happen to have taken the pic like that.

I have programs and devices that will allow me up to 10 monitors at once from two machines and only use one mouse/keyboard for them all, but I only use those for control rooms and such.

AHA! Makes sense to me now. Thanks answering my question Glenn!

Hugzzz

This might seem like a DUH! question, but I just hafta ask.

How come so many folks have two (or more) monitors? :)

Hugzzz

I use 2 monitors on the same machine. I do a lot of CAD work and quoting and this allows me to have much more screen space to have many things open at once. Combined this with eFax and I can avoid paper at all costs!!

Rock Sign

I actually use electronics to heat my home. I have a very nice network with mixed gigabit to gigabit and bridged into my normal 100 network. 5 battery backup units, 2 4port KVM's, the machine in the picture is my server holding 7 Seagate 120gig drives with 8 meg cache (dynamic disked), each of my other machines has 300-400gigs in them as well. I have many AMD computers, 1 laptop, wireless and the works. 3 capture cards, Geforce Ti4200, Geforce MX460, Geforce 4 MX440's, Ati All IN Wonder Pro's, MSI TV Capture card, and a lot of energy being turned into heat! All running Athlon XP's and some Durons. No intel stuff here! Upstairs network only has 2 computers. I need a better laptop - mine could have had more options! Glad to see you are giving away an Athlon ;) Would fit nice into my network of Athlons! Tried doing a Panoramic shot but didn't feel like installing the software! Total hard drive space in my home - 1.9 Terrabytes! :Nerd: Rock Sign

post-165-1078789999_thumb.jpg

murasaki, you need two graphics adapters or just one with the possibility to connect two monitors to it (usually called "dual-head").

Perry, I wouldn't know what to do with all that HDD space! ;)

May I ask what you store in all those disks?

Just checked the Email where the info for all this was sent.

Figured, since I'd been in the market for a laptop anyway, might as well keep my fingers crossed, eh...

Now, hope I get the image in here the right way (I don't attach in messageboards too often)

post-165-1078970948_thumb.jpg

I am very new to this forum but have been a "webmaster" using Total Choice for almost a year. Believe me, I use the term "webmaster" very loosely!

Thanks for letting me post my office pic for you all and to enter this very cool contest.

bzyathome

Guest StudOnCam

B) Hey gang! I stumbled upon the contest and I have never entered anything like this before so I thought I would give it a shot. Yes, my work area is messy but with James Dean by my side, everything seems ok. Don't forget to check out what James has to say in the pic as well as the sticky to-do notes on the monitor.

Peace and good luck to all

AJ Rock Sign

(mod note) *URL removed as these are family forums!*

post-165-1079650290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Head Guru

Ok, first off, what can I say ~ my computer area is never the cleanest area (it is my e-bay area :dance:) Since I have 56k at home and a T1 at work, I do my power surfing there :goof: (just don't tell anyone). I just started on my Bachelor's Degree @ 35 years old and boy that laptop sure would come in handy :P

Work Area (doesn't include the fifteen pc server rack @ 6 feet away)

work%20space.jpg

Home PC (yep, its cool to look at when you can see the monitor and yes, those ARE 3.5" floppy disks in front of the monitor :D) If you look over to the extreme right hand side of the photo, those are Copenhagen cans stacked up ~ gotta have a vice other than the net, right?

home%20pc.jpg

Here you go..

I even put a mirror there so you can see me taking the picture.. :P

I'm actually on the phone with my wife in this shot

(when she found out that I cleaned off the desk she asked that I thank you.. :dance: :dance: :) )

Later,

Jeremiah

post-165-1079826344_thumb.jpg

This is where I record, mix and master the CD's I produce. Although it's a modest basement, it's usually very productive down here in "The Hole".

-Darrin Rock Sign and so do "The Rhymlicks"

http://www.therhymlicks.com

TheBridge-In-the-Hole-small.jpg

or go here: http://www.therhymlicks.com/TheBridge-In-the-Hole.jpg

to get a larger one.

Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Here's my home operating platform. Away from this desk it's just my notebook so nothing special to see. Just for fun I added a GIF that shows how my printer folds up when I'm not using it. (Works great for keeping dust out)

My 12" powerbook G4 is synchronizing contacts in my phone via Bluetooth in this photo and I am connected to the internet over IEEE 802.11g. I keep a sharpie handy for all the CDs I burn and I have had my favorite old-school mousepad for 6 years. (311 - Transistor Album Cover)

I actually do keep my desk this neat all the time. Junk goes in the drawers, out of sight B)

workstation.jpg

printer.gif

Added another system today so thought I should udate my pic

Monitor on the top is pretty much just for server monitoring, it has tchstatus.com up so I can keep an eye on things. its hooked up to the system next to the monitor on the right. Grey keyboard is also for that system (cell phone is for server alerts when I'm not at my computer)

Monitor on the left is wifes pc, that her system to the left of her monitor. Center monitor is my main monitor where I do all my work, monitor on the right is secondary monitor for keeping all of my AIM and yahoo chats out of the way. both monitors running off my main rig on the far right B) Black keyboard is for my main system

Tiny car was a "present" from my wife, gargoyle is something I cant seem to ever get around to finishing, west coast choppers motorcycles on top of the grey system, and of course BC powder and rolaids along with a giant iced tea :dance:

100_1277.JPG

Well, I'm such a big fan of TCH that I couldn't resist posting some sort of picture of my office...so, while I was supposed to be working this afternoon, I took some time instead to take a quick inventory of the contents of my office:

6 desktops

2 laptops

1 Pocket PC Phone (on the left, also displaying TCH website)

1 HP Laserjet 3150

2 Scanners

1 Digital Video Camera

2 VCR's (going to video capture cards)

And bins upon bins of miscellaneous computer odds & ends (there's more of them in the closet behind where I'm taking the picture from)

office-sm.jpg

(Click on the picture for larger image)

Paul Krohnert

http://www.krohnert.net

To the one with 1.9terabytes - You are really excessive man that we can say that you are screwed up like a harddisk in a raid! :dance:

To the one who wants a dual monitor: Man things are really cool with dual monitor but let me tell you taht you get twice radiation to your eyes taht way .. and it is not healthy for your neck also! ... but is is kinda cool ... although i have 4 monitors here i use 1 most of the time... but plan to get 3 of them in my new house... also if i could squeeze that to 2 workstations but my future wife will actually kill me as she already accepted a workstation in the kitchen and a computer room in our house... i should do more work there!

To the tch guru ... when are u thinking of chosing the winner? Be warned that the more you take the less it will be worthed when u give it.

:rolleyes:

American (mac-user) web designer from New York now living in Brazil in dire need of a PC to work/test on.

Computers and electronics in general are 'brutally' expensive here! What do you say Bill??!!! ;-). Don't worry, I have a US address to ship it to.

This photo was taken in my bedroom/office in the Botafogo section of Rio de Janeiro where I've been living for the last 3 years.

Rock Sign

post-165-1080322512_thumb.jpg

pic.jpg

:heart

Here is a pic of a non-profit afterschool program I run for inner city kids called "Project Renewal". The program provides positive role models, education support and entertainment for all school aged kids (average about 45 kids a day). The program helps with intervention of gang related activity, drugs and more.

:heart

-C. Callaway-

Jeani, my wife, demonstrating the beauty of an Apple laptop with Airport Extreme wireless connection. Portability is incredible. We truly work everywhere. I have been in our backyard updating my 'blog' all morning.

our%20office.jpg our%20office%20in%20bloom.jpg our%20office%202.jpg

closeup.jpg

Sorry the screen isn't more visible, but (hopefully) you can see the site.

Oh yeah, you can see Lacey in one of the shots if you look closely. :P

William

Edited by wbragg17