Need Help - Mysql Gone Away

rick02840

A Drupal site of mine was running fine yesterday. This morning 1am got message that

"The account with the username 'xxxx' is running out of disk space. Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota. This account has used 99.09% (99.09 Megs) of its allocated disk space."

I increased disk quota for that account but site having "MySQL gone away" error. The database checks out OK using check and repair. I restored a 10/31 backup (SQL Dump) to a new database I created (so as not to delete the other) and changed Drupal settings file to use that but did not help. I also restored entire site with files to a subdomain but still not working.

Site very, very slow to load then finally shows some of home page but with many MySQL gone away error messages.

Site was working fine yesterday. Seems like restore from 10/31 should have fixed if anything had been corrupted.

Ideas?

Thanks for response Bruce. This is a Drupal site. What I did was disable modules one by one (directly via the database, since I could not get to the web admin interface) and when I disabled the "Weather" module (shows local weather on the website) everything came back fine. I don't know if running over disk quota had any effect on what happened with that module, or if it was just a coincidence that it happened at same time, but anyhow all good. It is scary when a good backup doesn't seem to fix the problem!

I should knwo this but do you keep individual backups of each Cpanel account (e.g. each of my reseller websites) that you can restore if I ask?

do you keep individual backups of each Cpanel account (e.g. each of my reseller websites) that you can restore if I ask?

Yes, We are having two backup systems, one is local backup taking on every weekend (that overwrites on each update) and having remote backup that taking backups on every 12 hours for the last 7 days (ie, 14 copies). If you need to restore a database from any of this backup, just drop a ticket to the help desk with the name of the database to be restored.