Joomla "getting Started" Help

kaseytraeger

Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend a good resource for learning how to manage a Joomla blog? I just installed Joomla to a subdomain (http://fetchastuddog.pudgypuppy.com/) but am confused by it's administrative panel. Consequently, I'm not having an easy time understanding how to do even the simple things like adding the web site's title to the site -- right now, if you visit this new subdomain, you'll see the generic Joomla sample data, but there's not even a title on the page!

I've developed a number of web sites over the years, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Joomla. I tried going through the Joomla documentation on the Joomla wiki for help getting started, but I didn't see anything for a quick start or written for newbies.

Many thanks!

Kasey

Hi Kasey,

It was a long time since I saw you here in the forums. I hope all is well with you.

While I have some experience with joomla, it was some time ago I worked with it due to the project was dropped and I currently have no version 1.5 installed I can´t help you much but I would start by checking out the Joomla! v 1.5 Quick Start Guide pdf file, found here (scroll down to "Complete the Joomla! v 1.5 Quick Start Guide") and see if it help you a little.

Joomla is tricky in the beginning, but when you get the hang of it, its nice to work with.

Hi Thomas!

Yes, it has been a long time. But it's great to see some of the "old-timers" still here!

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'm definitely going to check it out. From what I can tell, like you said, the learning curve is steep, but once I'm over the hump, it will be a nice system to work with.

Kasey

Hi Bruce!! Good to "see" you, too! :)

As a matter of fact, I do have another question, but it's unrelated to the question I posted here, so I'll start a new thread.

Feels good to be back. Feels good to be working on web sites again, though I must say, I feel very rusty and like there are a lot of cobwebs in my head to be cleaned out! :) My mind is racing in about a hundred different directions. It kind of feels overwhelming which is a strange feeling... I think I'm going to have to approach this from a very organized perspective and write down things to research as they pop in my head rather than stopping what I'm doing just to go off in a different direction to chase down something else.

Welcome back, Kasey! So good to "see" you! :)

You'll do fine with Joomla. It won't be long and you will have shed that feeling of being overwhelmed and you'll be whizzing right along. Joomla users will be flocking to your aid shortly, I'm sure.

Keep up the good work, and don't be a stranger!