Monitoring Number Of Server Requests

clough

Twice so far I've had my account suspended for overloading the server with too many requests. I'd thought a tiny little forum like mine couldn't possibly cause any such problem and wrote AJAX accordingly. At first I thought it was just my AJAX chatroom so I slowed that down but then remembered some other scripts that make regular updates so I slowed them down too. Now I can probably speed up the chatroom but I don't know how far I can go. Just speeding it up until I overload the server again is not a good way to get feedback. Is there some way to get a figure on how many requests my site is generating? Perhaps I can even get real time feedback and change the auto-refresh interval accordingly.

I am sorry for the inconveniences caused to you. Accounts are suspended only if the nature of the issue is severe like multiple spam complaints, account compromises, loads which may potentially crash the server or taking up a major share of resources. Please note that on a shared hosting platform, all users should have their fair share of resources and we cannot let one account degrade the server performance.