Forum Upgrade

We will be upgrading the forums to the latest version of IPB (tentively scheduled for tonight) There may be some downtime of the forums and I just wanted to let everyone know. If we dont get to it tonight it will be done in the next few days during off peak times (over night EST)

I'm sure there will be a lot of things that will need to be re "tweaked" once the upgrade is complete so thanks in advance for your patience and understanding :)

Thanks, theres a few things not working that I'm trying to get going again. Let me know if you find anything else

so far I have

some smilies missing

clicking "quote" returns an error

fast reply not opening for some ppl

Well done Mike and everyone :)

However, I had huge problems logging in and was kept logged in as guest without being able to log out of it.

Well, looks like the new skin is not going to work, which I was afraid would happen. I'll be tweaking everything to get it back to the state it was in prior to switching to the new design a week or so ago.

Yep it looked fine to me too, just one thing to remember, the CSS and markup changed dramatically from IPB 2.x to 3.x perhaps that's whats causing the problems -- though I didn't notice any!

What happened to the order of these links at the top of the forum?

My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

I don't know how many times I've clicked on My Assistant thinking it was View New Posts. :)

They used to be

My Controls · 0 New Messages · View New Posts · My Assistant

Not complaining Mike, really. B)

I don't know how many times I've clicked on My Assistant thinking it was View New Posts.  :)

Same here! I thought it was just me! :lol:

I just noticed some of the buttons are still from the old IPB 1.3... :lol:

EDIT: In case you want to check the look of the 2.0 buttons, I have a clean install of IPB 2.0 here:

http://borfast.com/fct/

All posts are in Portuguese, so I'm affraid most of you won't be able to read it but you can still see the buttons :)

Edited by TCH-Raul

Mike - a request if I may please.  Could you put the little page back that used to pop up when one clicks on View New Posts that had the link in case one was not forwarded?  Half the time Firefox doesn't go through so it was very handy. :P

I would if there was some way I could see to re add it. nothing in the set up menu says anything about it

A minor error: the % of total forum posts is incorrect when viewing user profiles (in the active stats box and to the right of total cumulative posts).

thats something you should mention to the people at IPB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
IPB 2.0 == Fantastic.

Except I was running a copy of the first IPB2 on my website as an archive for my forum before I switched to phpBB. As it was just an archive I never updated it and I believe it was IPB that was exploited the other day when someone used my site to run a DoS. They used 20GB of bandwidth in about an hour and at $2 for every GB over bandwidth on a 10 GB account I'm stuffed <_<