Darn..

I'll pick up on the subject line, "DARN". I've been a very happy TCH customer and so, wanting to get a domain name simply to forward on to one of my existing TCH sites, a non-profit .org site, chose a name and decided to get it through TCH, wanting to give them even a little extra business.

MiSTAKE! Turns out that what another major domain name seller (since the name would be erased, I won't put it in) does for free, forwarding, TCH charges $19.90.

Money is really short with the non-profit group (I have done their web site for free) so rather than pay the $19.90, I decided to move it to the other company, even though that move, according to TCH, meant I would have to cancel the privacy listing. But no, can't do that for 60 days!!!!! Bummer.

This extra charge for what is often (I haven't checked all companies) free should be noted right out front. I would NEVER have ordered the domain through TCH and certainly won't do so again for other domain names.

Betsy

I've been a very happy TCH customer and so, wanting to get a domain name simply to forward on to one of my existing TCH sites

If I understand correctly what you wanted to do, you could only have bought the domain for $10.95, point the domain to the same nameservers as the first domain and then asking the techs to park it on top of the first one for free.

No additional fees. :)

I have split those off into its on topic.

What you are wanting to do is called parking, you do not need to pay to forward the domain. Please open a ticket and ask the techs to park the new domain, they will then advise you from there.

Okay, I'll try that. I did ask SUPPORT and it was confirmed that to forward from SaveEPV.org to saveelpuebloviejo.org, I would have to pay $19.xx

This, below, is the correspondence and, of course, feel free to delete from public viewing (and, of course, I do - as always - appreciate your prompt responses; it's why I have my sites hosted here, even though buying a domain has been a problem.

Betsy

Discussion NotesSupport Staff ResponseDear Betsy Cramer,

I apologize for any inconvenience. Upon reviewing this issue it does not appear as though further assistance is required. Please let us know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns by replying to this email. Our service departments and telephone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to accommodate your needs anytime.

You can also reach us by phone at the following numbers:

(480) 624-2500 Technical Support, Sales and Service

(480) 624-2515 Billing

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Erica P

Online Support Team

Customer InquiryThank you. So I can't transfer my domain for 60

days and MUST pay about $20 if I want to forward

it....! Wish I had known before I had ordered the

domain that people in my very low budget group

(saveelpuebloviejo.org) wanted ONLY so as to

forward to their main domain! GoDaddy forwards

for free --- and I had assumed that TCH that I

like for hosting did similarly. :) ! I'll keep

this policy in mind for the future.

Betsy Cramer

At 11:33 AM -0700 1/10/09,

Forwarding really isn't the best option whether free or not as it will only direct the domain to the URL you forward it to. However, when you park the domain on your existing cPanel site, you will have full access to features such as email accounts, stats, and ftp accounts for both domains.

Since you provided the domains here I was able to move this along with a support request. I have now parked saveepv.org on top of saveelpuebloviejo.org, you just need to change the name servers for saveepv.org.

The correct name servers are:

ns1.totalchoicehosting.com

ns2.totalchoicehosting.com