Local / Non Local ?

suji

Hi everyone ,

i wonder if it is an advantage to use local server to host our website rather than outside my country.

because my office has wide contact in asia and europe we rely on email communications. is it an advantage to use non-local server to host web/email hostinng .

Or is it better to go for company which have local and non-local server to host ?

Please advise. an early reply is really appreciated .

warm regards.

Welcome to the forums, suji.

I would be assuming your "local" means inside your country. The advantage of hosting websites within your country is faster internet connection, because the data do not need to go through many hops before getting to you.

That being said, it can be more complicated... because the web host may have slow connection to the main network(s) within your country. And support and customer service will depend on the web host you use.

Personally, I would still stick with TCH. Even though it's "overseas" relative to Asia and Europe, the speed of transfer is really negligible... data transfers over the internet in milliseconds. The customer service and support at TCH are excellent too! Simply said... :(

Hello,

We do have a server in the UK!

However, in this day and age, the difference between having a server in the UK or the USA is minimal and you would be really clever and very fast to notice the difference because as noted in the above post, things are done in faster then milliseconds.

JimE

Welcome to the forums! As chatbug and TCH-JimE said, nowadays it doesn't matter as much where your site is physically hosted. As long as the hosting company is reliable, solid, and keep their systems up-to-date (read "TotalChoice Hosting"), you can expect many years of great service.

Hi everyone ,

i wonder if it is an advantage to use local server to host our website rather than outside my country.

because my office has wide contact in asia and europe we rely on email communications. is it an advantage to use non-local server to host web/email hostinng .

Or is it better to go for company which have local and non-local server to host ?

Please advise. an early reply is really appreciated .

warm regards.

Hi,

local webservers have faster ping times, however in most instances it's barely noticeable. Most important is whether the webserver is overloaded or connection oversold. You can get a local webserver but if it's over-worked to it's limits it will still get slowed.

silvermoon

Welcome to the forums!

I am of South America and I am with TCh the 2 years and very good.

Really exists a small difference in the speed, but we must also think about other factors as :

The speed is very important with that a company decides the problems when they appear, e this TCh is note 10. :)