Wordpress

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sounion

sounion
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Currently building a site using WordPress and WAMP.  When I am finished, I wanted to go with TCH for hosting.  Is it a fairly simple process for getting the site up live?  

#2 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

Technical Support Manager

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Basic step is to upload the contents to your public_html directory, create a database, assign a user to it and make sure it matches what you set on the wordpress config file.

There is also a one click install option for wordpress using fantastico, you will need to make all your customizations on it after it is installed.

Balakrishnan
Manager - Technical Support
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

TCH Help Desk .. || .. TCH Blog

Posted Image

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,174 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Welcome to the forum, sounion. :)
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users