1 reply to this topic

#1 CCBain

CCBain

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

I want to add a blog to an existing website, without disturbing the existing site (there's a handy tutorial in the Forum, but its dates 2005).  Do I create a folder off the root and identify it when I install Wordpress, or is there a better order to follow?  I'm just looking to add a monthly column.

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,143 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

You create a subdomain using cPanel which will create the folder for you.  Then when installing Wordpress you would use that folder. All the files will be installed into the folder leaving your existing site untouched.

The folder will get created in your public_html folder. Then you can access your Wordpress installation with the address of h*tp://subdomain.yourdomain.ext

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users