Bringing In A New Potential Member

Extreme

I have a friend who has experienced a shoddy experience with his current host and i am showing him TCH as you all have always gone above and beyond for me. So i am starting this thread so we can do our homework

He is located in the UK and i am not sure if that means anything when hosting.

About a good 80% of all the members on te site are actually in Europe and i was also curious if this effected things with the distance. Bandwidth wise.

I had another friend create an account and site with TCH and they have a $5 a month plan but i dont seem to see that one listed...does it exist?

Is there a discount for paying a full year in advance?

*ran out of questions for the moment*

:)

He is located in the UK and i am not sure if that means anything when hosting.

No.

About a good 80% of all the members on te site are actually in Europe and i was also curious if this effected things with the distance. Bandwidth wise.

No.

I had another friend create an account and site with TCH and they have a $5 a month plan but i dont seem to see that one listed...does it exist?

That must be the silver plan.

Is there a discount for paying a full year in advance?

From the billing help page,

"Prepay for one year on any web hosting plan (excluding reseller plans), and receive the last month of service free!"

If the site is left active until propagation users will hit one or the other depending on which DNS server they use. So the answer to your question is yes, it can be up and running but the database entries made on the old site will be lost once propagation is final.

Will the other host know? Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm helping a friend with a similar situation, except their site is pretty simple -- no bb or anything. If I set up a hosting plan with TCH and build the same site, then wait a few days before switching the DNS info, will this then provide seamless email service for the existing accounts?

Thanks!

Email is the slowest to change over. They will receive email at both the new/old addresses for up to 72 hours. At least that's been my experience. They should create new accounts using IP address for the mail server if known until all mail stops at the old host at which time they should switch their email server back to the domain name.

Another option is on the old host to forward any email received to an external email address like a GMail address.