Spam Filtering

Hi all! I've hosted my busines website through Total Choice Hosting for years. My emails all run through it as well. Now, after maybe 15 years, I'm getting TONS of spam. I use an Apple computer, so I use Mail as my email program. With that program, I have to manually go in and tell it what to filter and where to filter it to. I can't keep up. I went away for 4 days and when I got back, I had over 5,000 emails. Is there a way I can filter through TotalChoiceHosting? I went in and played with some settings in my cpanel, but it didn't make any difference. So I need some direction. My husband says to just change my email address, but I don't want to... I have clients from years ago who contact me via email... I don't want to lose them!

Hi DigitalChick,

There is some things you can try.

First thing that comes to mind is to check Spamassassin´s settings in the cpanel.

Second thing is to check with the help desk if Spamassassin needs a restart.

Third thing, you may want to take a look at MX Guarddog, that Bruce mentions here.