Need Phyton Above 2.2

enda_001

• 7 months later...
It would be nice if Python 2.4 were installed.

Hello,

One of the things with cPanel is its very tightly integrated with services that would be usually very easy to upgrade such as PHP, mySQL and python etc. You see since is so tighly integrated if we where to try and upgrade a service such as python it could break a lot of services and items on the server and with cPanel, so as you see its not so easy upgrading services (like we would :) ).

BUT now with that said if you open a helpdesk ticket one of the system admin guys would be able to let you know if we could get 2.4 on the server or not, you never know its always worth asking.

It would be nice, but a topic kind of along these lines has been beaten to death in another thread (http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25106). If it's a choice between solid performance or having the latest and greatest that may or may not work, I'll take the solid performance every time.

Having the latest and greatest is the reason I've scrounged spare parts and built my own server to hack and crash!