6 replies to this topic

#1 imamac

imamac

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

In one of my accounts, I am attempting to install Open EMR (healthwebit.com). In the installer PHP script it requires a root MySQL password in addition to the user login/password. It does note that generally it can be left black, but I get this when I do:

openEMR Setup

Step 3

Connecting to MySQL Server...
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/******/public_html/openemr/openemr/setup.php on line 159
ERROR. Check your login credentials.

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (#1045)

Any suggestions here? Is there a "root" password? If so can it even be used on a shared server? Will TCH dash my dreams to pieces? :)

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Create a database in cPanel.
Create a user.
Add the user you created to the database.

For your configuration:
The database name will be your-cpanel-name_dabasename
The user will be your-cpanel-name_user
The password will be the password you used when you created the user.

Hope that helps.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 imamac

imamac

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

What you're referring to is the routine thing I've done a hundred times on many databases. But is asks for a root MySQL password in addition to that. I can post a link if it will help to see it.

#4 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

What you're referring to is the routine thing I've done a hundred times on many databases. But is asks for a root MySQL password in addition to that. I can post a link if it will help to see it.

I took a look at this script and they assume you have full access to the server and are not installing to a virtual account.
Since you do not have root access you need to create the database, then use the option "The databases have already been created" during setup.

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc
dick@totalchoicehosting.com

Posted Image

#5 imamac

imamac

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

I took a look at this script and they assume you have full access to the server and are not installing to a virtual account.
Since you do not have root access you need to create the database, then use the option "The databases have already been created" during setup.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

#6 imamac

imamac

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

That was it....always something easy... :rolleyes1:

#7 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

Yep, usually is. :rolleyes1:

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users