How Do I Set Up A Sub-domain?

(1). Enter your control panel at www.yourdomain/cpanel and click on the "Manage SubDomains" under the listing "Domains".

(2). Then enter the name you want for your sub-domain in the box privided there.

(3). If you receive the following error when you press "Add" -

"ndc: reload command successful

DOMAIN.COM could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!"

Then to correct this problem:

- If this domain was recently created, you must wait for it to propagate. This could take 24 to 72 hours.

- If the domain has fully propagated [that means you can access your site by typing in your domain name into your browser], then it could mean that sub-domains aren't setup on this end. Please email us and ask us to turn them on for you.

Uploading to your subdomain -

Now after you have successfully created your subdomain via your Control Panel, you must upload to that directory. If you created the subdomain of me.domain.com, then the directory of me lives at ******/me. You upload to ******/me. Don't upload to me.******.

Accessing your subdomain -

After you have uploaded your site to your subdomain, you can then access that site in 2 ways -

(1). You can access that site via ******/cats or

(2). me.******.

You CANNOT access your subdomain via www.me.domain.com. Here the "www" is actually a type of subdomain in itself. So remember to setup all links to subdomains as ******/me or me.******.

Uploading to a subdomain ..../me, will have the same Username and Password as your main site.

Some fast and easy to download e-mail sub-domain tutorials:

Instructions on how to set up your sub-domains in cPanel