Major Announcement Soon!

Head Guru

On March 15, 2006 we will be making a major annoucement.

I can not give any details at this point, only to say that this is something we have been working on for several months now.

We have inked the last page to be inked, we have agreed on the final pricing and we have commited to make this huge annoucement happen on 3/15/2006.

I am very confident everyone will be very pleased.

Stay tuned, its going to be awesome!

Yes Raul, That's what I do.

I am sorta of like Santa Clause.

You tell me what you want for x-mas and I say "OK I will see what I can do".

I remember every year when I was a young boy, telling him what I wanted and he told me the same line every time. He would see what he could do. I always thought, man its Santa. He can do whatever he likes. :)

Well true, we do now have RAID. Maybe we will all get more disk space for our sites. It's been a while since we had a space increase. More bandwidth would be nice too.

I've been harassing the staff since Bill posted there was going to be this major announcment on the 15th and I can't get anyone to tell me what it is. This must be something big if they are keeping it so quiet.

You would think that since I am lead moderator here they would tell me what they were planning. :P

It will certainly get answered on this one :whip: :D

Final stages of the project are being completed, so it's still on target for March 15th.

You would think that since I am lead moderator here they would tell me what they were planning...

You might let everyone know what it is Bruce ;) Give me a call after wednesday (the next testing phase will be completed then), and I'll give you a preview....

Ok, I've done it... I cracked into the secret plans database! I think it was a honeypot though. At any rate, a short while later I got a message that informed me I've been infected with the "Amish Virus" and went on to explain that since Amish people don't use computers that this virus was based on an honor system, and politely asked me to delete all the files on my computer. I think this will take a while, so I'll be back later...

By the way: Don't try this at home... or work for that matter

Edited by cajunman4life

Forget about Santa, someone send me some Milk and Cookies and I will tell you what it is. :shocking:

Dick, I tried that but I forgot to put one of those $0.02 stamps on the envelope... DOH! So I had a nasty little surprise in my mailbox when I got home last night... Still interested in the cookies at least? :mellow:

The suspense is killing me. This is the longest two weeks ever.

(Hey Steve, I'm down in Panama City Beach for work. Lovely weather you folks have down here.)

Head down to Schooners in the evenings, after a couple visits there you wont even care what day it is.

I haven't been down there in a couple of years but that was my favorite watering hole and I think they still fire off the cannon at sunset.

I must be spending too much time in this forum. Last night I dreamed about the new announcement. :blink: :yawn: :thumbup1:

I guess I really am a TCH junkie. :yes:

I can't wait to find out what the big announcement is. :)

If it's server updates, I hope there isn't too much downtime. :P

:)

Maybe the update will finally make the home page more accurate.

"Join our community of over 4,500 registered users..."

C'mon, I'm member 7594 and I registered last year. :P

Edited by NFreak

Every time I read this thread, which is several times per day, I check today's date to see if it's the 15th yet. So far, no luck.

What could it be? More disk space? More bandwidth? Another datacenter? Or is it something crazy like servers with PHP5 available? Or a dedicated server blowout? Or RAID5 for everyone? Or something less exciting, like Windows hosting?

Seriously, who puts their customers through this on purpose?

Edited by timhodge

Welp, I've been a member since August 2004. I think I'm satisfied enough with totalchoicehosting to move my other web page over, assuming this is a good announcement. Hoorah!

I think this is something everyone will be happy with. If it is what I think it is, even I will enjoy it.

I think this is something everyone will be happy with. If it is what I think it is, even I will enjoy it.

What do you think it is? I'm just wondering if its something I should even wait to sign up about.. like if the plans are gonna change.

TCH already offers that. It's a special service plan called: "Don't pay your bill" (Maybe it should be called "Didn't pay Bill," meaning HeadGuru.) :lol:

Almost another week until the announcement? :lol:

Any idea of what time we'll find out on the 15th?

If it's happening at around midnight I can stay up on the 14th. :P

My hope is more bandwidth. There are tons of other providers that offer tons more bandwidth for the same or less money. I love totalchoicehosting, that would be the only thing I'd like more of for sure. The rest is top notch....service has been awesome.

I only say this because my site is growing and I'm closing in on a gb of bandwidth a day...haha I need more for FREEE...please :)

Thanks for the cookies woody!

OK, here's the deal!

You can't eat it, drink it, or get the answer from me. It has nothing to do with Windows and there is no cannon involved. There is no extra cost to you and its most likely not a plan increase(or is it?). On the 15th we might tell you that the announcement has been delayed until April 1st. :)

I will tell you this, we do listen to what you want and this is just the first of many new things to come.

You can't eat it, drink it, or get the answer from me. It has nothing to do with Windows and there is no cannon involved. There is no extra cost to you and its most likely not a plan increase(or is it?). On the 15th we might tell you that the announcement has been delayed until April 1st. :)

Is this supposed to be a clue? 'Cause it's not a very good one.

See Bruce, this is all your fault. Its been over 24 hours and my account still isn't set up (no phone call on my caller ID that I missed, either). Has TCH dropped the ball?! Oh my, the world will never know. Come on guys, don't let me down now, never have before!

You will need to open a ticket to get your answer, Bruce nor the rest of the mods can answer why. Have you checked all folders such as spam folders in your mail account that it would be sent to?

By the way, no spilling from me. I got in too much trouble last time.

Could it be a TCH Family reunion, with Free air fare for everyone that needs it? (Fits the clue given earlier)

So....where/when will it be held? :goof:

;) Is it something to do with St. Pats day? :irish:

What could be more exciting than having a datacenter on Mars (already announced in another thread)?

;)

Is anyone else as excited about the upcoming announcement as I am? :)

Yes Bruce we are all excited. Like Tim on the Tarmac in Atlanta I don't want to miss the announcement. Bill and his crew here at "TCH" run a class act and am sure it will be worth the wait.

Steve, here's your jumper

blob1.gif

TCH is absolutely amazing with their stuff. But this, keeping us in suspense? Just not right. Not right at all :)

*giggles*