Google Checkout

Today Google will launch a new product on the market called "Google Checkout" and it will appear in final, not beta form.

Here is an article on how the system works, and how it can work with your online business:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...T_AM&nlid=1

The new service will allow people to put in a credit card once, then surf the net and buy from several sites, PROVIDED those sites have an advertising arrangement with GOOGLE.

Businesses listed on GOOGLE, but not taking part in this Checkout program, will not be able to sell products in that manner.

Cool stuff but scary. I trust Google, but with all the security holes in IE, Win, etc, how long before someone gets a hook into my credit card number?

Its an interesting idea, but gives Google even more power and access. Kinda big-brother.

I'm not too concerned with Google itself - it's in their best interest to keep it secure and make everyone happy so they'll keep using it... but there are so many places to insert an attack between the user and Google that automatic storing and use of CC numbers scares me.

Of course the crooks won't use it because anything stored on Google can be subpoenaed.