Routing Issues

Head Guru

The servers are up.

All your email will be there.

For example. I can not reach server84 from my SBC DSL home connection. However, my neighbor on Charter Cable connection can reach server84 with out issue.

This is a network routing issue out side of our control.

The servers are up.

All your email will be there.

For example. I can not reach server84 from my SBC DSL home connection. However, my neighbor on Charter Cable connection can reach server84 with out issue.

This is a network routing issue out side of our control.

I can't get to my site from my SBC DSL business connection. However, someone at a large corporation about 40 minutes away can. I have reset everythin on the network. NOW what?

I can't get to my site from my SBC DSL business connection. However, someone at a large corporation about 40 minutes away can. I have reset everythin on the network. NOW what?

As stated.... we wait until the issue is isolated and corrected.

** Link Deleted **

I'm hoping to get some answers there first. ;)

TCH-Jim: Please do not post links to other web hosts in the forums.

Oops sorry I didn't realize this was against the rules. Also I thought I was posting a link to your very own data center. I'm still a little confused by what that relationship means.

The data center is the company that houses the computers all of TCH's websites and other services run on. It is basically row after row of computers in an temperature controlled, power conditioned room or rooms with a staff of people there to fix the computers when they break.

The upstream is the company who provides us a connection to the internet. It's like your DSL, cable or dial up provider at home but on a vastly larger scale.

The upstream is where the issue lies and it is they who are working on solving it. It is basically out of TCH's hands since it's not our computers or cables that have the problem. The upstream probably serves hundreds or thousands of customers as big and bigger than TCH so I'm confident they are doing everything they can to solve it quickly.

Hope it helps clear up some of the terminology.

No the upstream has many pipes.

You however can only travel to the upstream via one of those pipes. In your case that pipe was broken and you could not connect.

Gnax has over 10gbps of connectivity and 7 redundant connections.

Ok latest update.

This issue is corrected.

The problem was with Level 3 (a tier 1 provider)

Routes should be reconverging and everyone should be happy again.

Those pictures of the datacenter reminded me of the warehouse shot at the very end of Raiders of the Lost Ark... :)

Anyway, I can connect to my site again and am indeed very happy. Thanks for the updates and info!

:) Thanks tch!!!! I Can Truthfully Say after 11 Months as a tch Customer.......Its The First Problem That I have Had With Connectivaty!!!!! That Site I mentioned in my Post earlier...LOL It Happened almost every 2 weeks it seemed...Thats Why I am a Customer Here!!! :group: B)