5 replies to this topic

#1 puretext

puretext

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

I'm in the process of re-installing Gallery 2. I've just finished uploading a mass of pictures and I'm discovering something weird: If the address given is neumatikos.net/gallery2, I can see my pictures. If the address is www.neumatikos.net/gallery2, everything works - but no pictures. What's up with that?

Edited by puretext, 20 March 2008 - 02:04 PM.

#2 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

I canīt see them with either www or not.

Are you using the hotlink protection feature in cpanel?
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#3 puretext

puretext

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

"HotLink protection is currently disabled."

It does have a tendency to redirect to www. I had assumed that was something going on with my ISP, since I'd never noticed it before. I have to go to the address, take out the www, and then reload.

#4 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

Ok.

Please submit a ticket and ask the techs to have a look at this.

Please let us know how it goes. :)
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#5 puretext

puretext

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

I believe I've fixed it.

It wasn't a hosting problem at all; it was a problem with the URL Rewrite module for Gallery2. Gallery 2 only accepts requests from whatever domain it's installed in. Alternate subdomains calling for the same pictures are considered hotlinking. Since www is technically a subdomain, it was "protecting" me from hotlinking by disallowing any of the pictures.

I turned off two settings to fix it:
  • Block hotlinked items
  • Send HTML for hotlinked items

With these two settings turned off, everything worked fine.

#6 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know and I am glad you got this fixed. :)
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users