Moving Images

vikkic

I'm setting up a PhpNuke/Oscommerce store on my web site. I already have a plain vanilla Oscommerce cart on the site.

I want to copy the catalog/images folder to oscnuke/modules/catalog/images but all of the images don't move because some of the images have rw------- access and not rw-r--r-- AND are owned by 'nobody' instead of by me - so file manager and ftp won't let me do anything with them.

My guru tells me Root access is what the superuser on the server has, so, and that superuser can install/edit/delete anything on the server

The other users on the server only have access to their stuff (their virtual servers). Unfortunately, when a php script is run, it is not owned by the user, it is run by apache! the permissions it runs under vary from server to server, but usually the php script runs as user 'nobody'.

Unfortunately, when images are uploaded via Oscommerce, that is a php script running and saving them on the server on your behalf. Not you... so, oscommerce still has access to do whatever it wants with the images but they aren't owned by you and so you can't move them.

They suggest I email totalchoice hosting and ask them to change the owner on the catalog/images files to me, and permissions to rw-r--r--

Advice? Help?

Vikki

Thank you.

I thought maybe - but of course don't want to bother them if there is a solution to it myself.

I did find too that there is something written that you can install in Oscommerce so this isn't a problem again, for anyone that is interested.

Vikki