3Rd Party Installations

mike

For some reason all of a sudden I cannot install 3rd party installations. ( i.e. thunderbird )

any help would be highly appreciated

thanks

Installation will begin as normal but quickly pops up a window with a "finish" launch mozilla thunderbird now (window), yet the installation never completes and the program won't run.

Happens with any program I try to install. windows installer was on manual, so I clicked "start" but that didn't help.

turned off AVG, no difference. I think my installer may be bad, but can't seem to find a replacement online

HI Bill,

No not just TB. I even tried to install Pegasus, same thing. Plus when I try to uninstall from add/remove, (win 7 ), That won't work either. I downloaded the same one you linked to but it will unpack, you hit the install button, then it, almost immediately goes to an empty white window with only the finish button to click.

When I do I can find thunderbird under %appdata% but there's nothing there and it won't run.

That's what makes me wonder about the installer, but I haven't had any luck getting a new installer. Some folks are claiming that 4.5 installer installation has been messing up other files and programs and I can't seem to get a download for ver. 5 installer. I am working on an HP pavilion so there is no windows 7 disk.

• 2 years later...

thanks everyone. I installed a new msi installer and everything is fine.

• Like 1