#1 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

CCleaner has been compromised!

If you use CCleaner, you should uninstall it and install a fresh copy of it immediately.

Hackers broke into British company Piriform’s free software for optimizing computer performance last month and installed tools that could have allowed them to take control of tens of millions of devices, the company and independent researchers said on Monday.

The malicious program was slipped into legitimate software called CCleaner, which is downloaded for personal computers and Android phones as often as 5 million times a week. It cleans up junk programmes and advertising cookies to speed up devices.

Read more:reuters.com/article/us-security-avast/hackers-compromised-ccleaner-free-software-avasts-piriform-says-idUSKCN1BT0R9

Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#2 TCH-Steve

TCH-Steve
  • Staff
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:50 AM

Thank you, Thomas!

Steve D.
Technical Support

TCH Help Desk :: TCH Blog

follow_us-b.png

#3 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Thanks Thomas!

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#4 TCH-Bala

TCH-Bala

Technical Support Manager

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Thomas

Balakrishnan
Manager - Technical Support
http://www.totalchoicehosting.com