Movable Type And Pop3-to-blog

norlos

Hi folks,

Here's a question for both TCH admin types and for other users. Anybody have experience with posting to Movable Type via email? This is the one way I've seen anybody actually accomplish it: pop3-to-blog.pl. I'm muddling through my own installation -- someday I will understand cron jobs, but it's not today -- but I thought I should stop and see whether it works at all given all the changes with MT. I'm using 3.3 BTW, and hope to post to my blog from my Blackberry while on the run, which is always it seems.

And now here's the part for TCH admin types. Apparently, to use this I need on my server:

Mail::POP3Client

Net::Blogger

File::Temp

File::Basename

Mail::Address

I assume we have all these modules because the fella/lady linked above is a TCH customer too. But so with many servers and so much time passing, you never know.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

--Norlos

You will need the following Perl libraries installed on your server. If they are not on your server you will need to open a ticket with the help desk and ask if they would install them on your server. All TCH servers are configured the same for the most part but sometimes certain libraries do not get installed. A ticket with the help desk and they will inform you if they can install them or not.

>Troubleshooting: You need these modules installed on your server for this to work. Generally, this isn't something you do yourself - open a help ticket with your host and ask them if these are installed. If they aren't ask them to install them.

Mail::POP3Client
Net::Blogger
File::Temp
File::Basename
Mail::Address

This script won't work without these libraries.