Forum Database Crash

Junior

Well, folks, in the line of duty, trying to repair an issue with our forums, our database has crashed. We have made EVERY attempt to restore it, however, that attempt has failed.

What does this mean? Simply put, all messages that have been posted since our move on Saturday have been lost. We are able to restore a backup from Sunday, and that will include all messages up to Sunday AM.

We deeply apologize for this error! We tried every possible remedy to hold and restore all messages, however, as most of you already know, when you are dealing with data, sometimes is simply isn't possible to do what you have intended.

If any messages were posted, pending a response, PLEASE post the message again, and we will answer as promply as possible.

Also, if you have registered for the forum since Saturday, you will need to register again.

Thanks for your understanding during this matter and again, we sincerely apologize.

I suspected something was amiss when I tried to check the board an hour or so ago and got an index with one directory, then a couple, and so on. Looked like a rebuild to me.

I signed up for hosting yesterday and started moving files over and ran into some problems getting Movable Type to run but after a fresh install and restore of files all is well. I love the discussion board as an additional means of support. That was a large part of my decision to sign up here. I look forward to being part of the TCH crowd.

By the way, where can I find out how to restore a backup of my InVision Board that I ran on another server. I have a backup file made but am not sure how to move it over.

Welcome to your new home! We are glad you have chosen us!

I don't have an answer for you, but will check around. In the meantime, someone else may have the answer and will post it here for you.

Again, thanks for choosing us, and welcome home! :D

Welcome to your new home! We are glad you have chosen us!

I don't have an answer for you, but will check around. In the meantime, someone else may have the answer and will post it here for you.

Again, thanks for choosing us, and welcome home! :D

Thanks. It is nice to have this board as an option for support. I did manage to figure out how to transfer my database over to this server so all seems to be working well for the moment.

Man, I go off and have a stroke of genius this weekend, see? Look! No, wait, you can't look. It's gone. :D

So maybe this was just an attempt to temper my ego.

;) :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

All's not lost, in the end we still have each other and our collective brain.

Lianna