Php-nuke Add-on

Head Guru

I think that'd be great--it's one of those features that I'd love to work with, but haven't gotten around to installing!

--Beth

(trying to learn MySQL, PHP, on-line PayPal payments while simultaneously overcommitting to volunteer organizations)

Yes, please add Postnuke and MT as well :)

I'm not sure, but I think that Movable Type prohibits any type of auto install in their license agreement. One of the ways they support the program is through offering install for a price. It's not that hard to install on here and several of us have helped others get it up and running.

Yep, I'm with Louie and the others. Good Idea.

curtis

:P Been awhile since I was called Louie, Curtis! :P

I'm fairly certain you, turtle and KW are the only ones here that may have caught that.

:lol: Made me smile this morning thank you!

Lianna

aka Louie

I'm not sure, but I think that Movable Type prohibits any type of auto install in their license agreement. One of the ways they support the program is through offering install for a price. It's not that hard to install on here and several of us have helped others get it up and running.

I know that the founders of MT offer paid installation, though I don't know that Postnuke offers similar services as well. :P

For ease of installation, I agree that Postnuke is very simple, as simple as installing Winzip onto your PC. MT installation can be a bit tricky, but it shouldn't take more than two hours for newbies. I've done both successfully. :P

Is phpNuke installation much more complicated, so that Head Guru is now proposing to have it as an option of autoinstall?

Would be nice to have an auto install for phpNuke, it took me quite some time figure out what I was supposed to do. Especially adding the nuke.sql to your datebase...

There are also some errors in the original script that are fairly easy to fix (thanks to this family I didn't have to search for 'm myself) Would be great is those are also fixed already it saves quite some time for those who don't really know php or are afraid to edit these files...

All in all I think it's great idea :P

Freddy

I think it would be good because I am thinking about redoing my site and instead of making it a personal site use php nuke and make it into an e/n site. Even though I have installed php nuke before an auto installer would save me the effort :blink:

Make the site fit the name Twisted Web B)

Yep...I have one site running phpNuke and another running postNuke.

My thoughts:

- For new users, postnuke is MUCH easier to install. It utilizes an install script that takes you through the setup process 1 step at a time.

- In my opinion, the Admin panel is not as polished as phpNuke, but that is not to say it isn't easy to use.

- Pretty much the same functions, although postnuke appears to have more pre-installed modules than phpnuke does

- Phpnuke (v. 6.5) comes with phpBB pre-installed...postnuke does not. However, there is a module to incorporate phpBB (v.2.04) into postnuke.

- I have found phpNuke to be rather buggy in comparison to postnuke.

- Both are themeable and have an active developer community

Basically, you'll get the same functionality regardless which one you choose to use. Both are wonderful if you want to set up a website that is easy to maintain and update.

Here are the links to both sites I'm setting up so you can compare:

http://www.supporttheforce.org - postnuke

http://www.familypen.com - phpNuke

Of course...both are hosted on Totalchoice :lol:

Let me know if you have any additional questions...

- - Nursedad

Sorry for being such a dummy newby... but what is this PHP-nuke? I have read in their page but do not get what is the special... also: is out there, anywhere, a tutorial on how to use this PHP nuke? or Postnuke? so I can try to learn it by myself?

Thanks,

g. :huh:

TCH.jpg