Did I Miss An Announcement?

jberg

The help desk notified me that sites were not coming up due to a Cpanel update to the Nameserver (DNS3 and DNS4). This makes for a fun filled evening of client calls freaking out about their sites.

Not a big deal, because I know TCH will fix it (they always do). I know how it goes with these types of things, but an announcement of the server being down, or upgraded might of been a nice thing to see. Or did I miss that?

Hi jberg,

You didn't miss an announcement, as this was supposed to just be routine updates on the servers related to the latest release of cPanel. Unfortunately, it had a negative side effect of updating all DNS zones to our name server clusters, that it in all honestly we just did not expect. Once we were aware of it we stopped the mass updates to our shared servers and are allowing the DNS updates to run out. At this time DNS services are not down, however it may appear down from some locations depending on what DNS server you hit.

We do apologize for this and I will look into changing our notifications for even routine thing in the future.