5 replies to this topic

#1 wampthing

wampthing

Crazy Uncle Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

Just curious to see if anyone is using the newest version of Dreamweaver (8). Is it worth the $ for the newest version? I am currently using MX (version 6).

any input will be richly rewarded with fine jewels and precious stones.
(and the most helpful person will receive 1,000,000 Dollhairs)
Dave Jensen (Wampthing)
~I'm not as confused as you think I am... on the other hand, maybe I'm not~

#2 Deverill

Deverill

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

Nope, not me. Three reasons:
1. I'm using Linux more and there is a free program named Screem that does a good job of web editing.

2. I'm doing a LOT more with CSS now so it's easier to edit straight html by hand without all those pesky tags in the way and I know how to do it so it makes sense.

3. I'd not pay that much for an upgrade with the company being bought by Adobe until I see what they do with it -- even if I was going to go forward with it.

I am looking forward to "version 9" :)
"A winner is simply willing to do what a loser won't."

#3 TCH-Rob

TCH-Rob

Help Desk Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Loaded question. Is 6 doing all you want it to do? Is the upgrade in your budget? It is sort of like me asking if natural peanut butter tastes good. Do they have a trial? If so, can you install it and not remove 6? Just as beauty is in the eye of the beerholder and so will the answers be to your question.

Oh yeah, I am using Linux, code by hand, not gonna pay that much for Adobe products and cant wait for version 19. :)

Other than that, I like it and think you should go for it.

This message has been brought to you by "Can You Tell I Am Tired?".

Seriously, I would see if I can find a place that lists the changes made from MX to 8 and see if you would even use it.

#4 abinidi

abinidi

Immediate Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

Sorry. I haven't yet upgraded my Dreamweaver 4. Because it does what I need it to when I need it done. :)

I did like Dreamweaver MX that we used at work. But I kept 4 at home.

Maybe I'll buy a copy of MX 2004 on eBay, since they'll probably be cheaper now...
Paul Pehrson
Herriman, UT

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 wampthing

wampthing

Crazy Uncle Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

No rave reviews huh?
I guess Ill wait a while to see what happens with Adobe as well
Dave Jensen (Wampthing)
~I'm not as confused as you think I am... on the other hand, maybe I'm not~

#6 MindSlayerSauces

MindSlayerSauces

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

I am one of those nuts :) who have upgraded to version 8. I was previously on MX.
I have noticed some changes in the layout and some new features, but overall it works about the same. I will mention that it does seem to work a little faster. The one feature I do like is the ability to highlight lines of code and compact them.

I do all my CSS with Topstyle so the new CSS features in 8 are completely unknown to me.

Overall from what Iíve seen and done on Version 8, Iíd have to say itís worth the few bucks it cost. :)

Thereís nothing worse than trying to find extensions for an old version when all you can get are ones made for the newer version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users