Windows 7

mike

Has anyone started running windows 7 yet?

Does it beat xp?

Does it beat XP? I have been running Windows 7 for about 5 months now and last weekend received the final version. In my opinion there is no need to rush out and buy it. Sure there are some features that are cool but really most people are using their computers to access the internet and both do that well. XP is stable. Microsoft says that they will continue to provide XP updates until April 2014.

Yes it seems faster than XP for now but who knows how Win 7 will be after 8 years of updates and bloat from service packs. I would say if XP is working fine for you, there is no real need to upgrade. Once you open a browser, you really don't notice the OS.

Does it beat XP? Yes, but nothing earth shattering IMO.

youneverknow

That's about what I was thinking. Thanks for the input everyone.

I rock XP x64 and have done for about 3 years I think. Very very rarely have any issues with it, unlike my Vista based desktop I have at work. Vista is a pile of junk in my opinion and unless Windows 7 can break the stigma Vista has created for me I will continue using x64.

If you are not willing to shed your prejudice you will never see the beauty.

True, however why fix something if it ain't broke? I will let Windows 7 lay for a while and see what comes of it and then consider the switch. Is everyone who is using Windows 7 using the 32 bit or are any of you using 64 bit? I produce music and 64 bit processing comes in very handy for music production so I would definitely opt for the 64 bit edition if/when I 'upgrade'.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7. It is all how you look at it. I think it is a hybrid stability of xp and interface of vista. I've been using Windows 7 since its first public beta back in feb. Replaced Win XP x64 bit which was unstable on my system to say the least.

I think microsoft will be able to get rid of vista now that 7 is out.

And yes I am using the 64bit version. If you notice more and more hardware these days are becoming supported for 64bit OS since there is a growing demand for it.