Redirecting Tumblr Address To Custom Domain

karmacriminal

I have signed up for a TUMBLR account (blogging service) to which they give you a custom domain (www.blah.Tumblr.com) however, they allow you to point to your own domain should you have one which I do. I would like to point this to my personal domain (hosted by TCH > kellielakin.com) How do I do this? This is what their site says to do but I can not find in Cpanel to change:

"Then you'll need to follow the registrar's instructions to point the domain's A-record (IP address) to 72.32.231.8"

What they are telling you to do is change your DNS servers to point to their IP address. In doing this your domain name will only be able to be used for your Tumblr blog. If you have other content you won't be able to access it with your domain name.

I would suggest that you install your own blog software into your own account here and use that instead. I recommend WordPress.

Or read the last tip on their page that states you can use a sub-domain like blog.yourdomain.ext but you would have to open a ticket with the help desk and have them modify the "A" record for the sub domain to point to that IP addess you posted. Then on their site enter your sub domain information for the custom domain name.

We also fully support custom domains with a sub-domain other than "www". So you can use a domain like "blog.mywebsite.com" if you'd like.