Photo

Can I Create An Alias For An E-Mail Address That Hides My Domain Name?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JDanniel

JDanniel

Distant Family

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm sure this is a commonly asked question, but I'm not entirely sure how to do what I want, despite researching it, so I am requesting assistance, please.

I have a TCH account and need to create a new e-mail account and address.  I currently have eight and need a ninth.  However, I want the new e-mail account to be as anonymous as possible.  By that, I mean I want the domain name NOT to be known to the public.

Is there a way to create an e-mail account/address and then create an alias for it that I can give out to the public?  If there is such a method, is it available through TCH, or do I need to use a third-party service?  If I do need a third-party service, is there one that is free and also ad-free?

Thank you for your help!   Jd

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

You can only create email addresses with your domain name.  Same goes for forwarders. You would need a third party service to do what you are requesting.

I'd recommend something like GMail and have it forward to an email address on your domain.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users