1 reply to this topic

#1 GOF

GOF

New To The Neighborhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

I am getting to fly back to the states to visit my friends and family for the summer.

Every year when I go back, I take my trusty laptop with me. My cunning plan is to use my folks, friends, free wifi hotspot to use my outlook to download my mail from my home ISP.

The problem is that other ISPs don't take kindly to me trying to access my home (in Germany) ISP' for the emails.

It took me about 75% of my vacation last year to figure out what I needed to do... and this year I have a new laptop and forgot what I did last time to make it work.

So, in an unusual attempt (for me) to be proactive, I wanted to try to set it up BEFORE i left....

Anyone know what I need to do to make my connection more palatable to a "strange" ISP? If I recall correctly, it was something to do with the port

Thanks, in advance!

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

I would just link my home account with a GMail account and use that to read/send emails.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users