Download Files From Web To Tch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newbit

newbit
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

I can't find the feature that I need. I need to download files directly from a URL on the internet to my TCH account. Usually, I must download the file to my PC, then upload to TCH. However, I live overseas and this method is extremely slow. In addition, the long time means more upload errors, which means I must start again. It's not unusual for a 22Mb file to take 10-15 minutes to upload, and the connection can be reset 2-3 times. No, I am not looking for FTP resume. Something like wget or curl would be perfect.

#2 TCH-Bruce

TCH-Bruce

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Welcome to the forums newbit :eek:

Without shell access I don't believe that's possible.

Bruce Richards
Forum Moderator
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc.
Webhosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - General Support Forum

I am a Forum Moderator. While I can assist in answering most of your hosting related questions, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.

#3 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, newbit. :eek:
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

#4 newbit

newbit
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

OK, how do I do that, then? I had to reinstall software six times today, and each time took ten minutes to upload. That was a solid hour of unproductivity out of my day.

#5 TCH-Thomas

TCH-Thomas

Volunteer Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Shell access is not available on shred servers as far as I know.
Thomas Jikrantz
Forum Moderator

Any links or suggestions for third party software/sites should be used at your own risk. My opinions and recommendations are not necessary those of TCH and TCH is not responsible.

As a Forum Moderator I can assist in answering many of your hosting related questions. However, I am unable to answer questions about specifics relating to your account such as billing and server related issues. Should you need assistance in these areas, please contact our Help Desk or our many other options. Another good place to find answers is with our help pages, tutorials and movie tutorials.
Web Hosting by Total Choice Web Hosting - 24/7 Help Desk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users