Point Subdomain.collegename.edu To Tch Site?

Guest GuestCherylGuest

Guest GuestCherylGuest

I'm the web designer for a college. We're looking for an off-site web host for database applications, such as blogs, VTCalendar, etc.

First, I assume it possible to point "subdomain.collegename.edu" to a TCH account - since there's another subdomain here that points to an off-site hosted application (but it redirects to an IP address). Is it possible to point something like www3.collegename.edu to a TCH website directory?

Second, do I have to have a domain name for my TCH account? i.e., can I use an IP address instead? Or myaccount.tch.com? or something like that?

-Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

Every site hosted on an account at TCH requires a domain name. All accounts can have other domains parked on top of an existing domain which lands on the same page as the original domain. Additional domains require either another account or a reseller account.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GuestCameronGuest
Just to add to your first question, yes it is possible to host www3.collegename.edu as a domain name with us ( as long as you control the DNS for collegename.edu of course).

I have a starter account with TCH for couchware.ca. Currently, I handle all my NS needs with a private DNS server. What entries would I have to make in my DNS server for couchware.ca to delegate just www.couchware.ca to TCH? Would there need to be any changes made to my TCH account?

Would

www.couchware.ca. 86400 IN NS ns3.totalchoicehosting.com.

www.couchware.ca. 86400 IN NS ns4.totalchoicehosting.com.

be sufficient?

Thanks,

Cameron