Version Control?

fadecomic

Hello,

Is there any easy way to use a version control system with TCH? I manage my site dev with Subversion and/or Git locally, and it would be nice if I could clone my Git repository to the server as well. I don't know how to do this without shell access, however. Has anyone done this, or is there an established solution?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I recently asked to have subversion installed on our VPS so I could use it with NetBeans. The support staff was very responsive and now my problem is "connecting" NetBeans to subversion. If anyone has any experience with this, the error I'm getting is:

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Repository has been moved

Repository moved permanently to 'http://regnavigator.com/subversion'; please relocate

It might as well say: "Didn't work - try something else" for all help it provides. I've used both svnadmin and svn mkdir to create the repository at www.<domain>.com, and the directory does appear in the document root, but I just can't seem to get past this. I've also used a variety of alternatives such as plink/ssh to access the repository with similar, but not identical, results.

Does anyone know what the problem is from what I've provided above? I doubt that the SVN installation is at fault.