2 replies to this topic

#1 jackaroo

jackaroo

Family Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

What are the email sending limitations with a virtual host. Would I be able to send as many as say 3000 emails at one time? By 'one time' I mean a database driven batch.

Thanks

#2 TCH-Dick

TCH-Dick

General Manager

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

This will depend on how you are sending the emails such as sendmail or using smtp functions. I can tell you that you would need to throttle your emails down to under 200 per minute or less to have any success. There is also an hourly limit well below the amount you intend to send, so would need to take that into consideration.

Please open a ticket to tech support and they can give you more detailed information concerning the current rates on your server.

Dick DeVance
General Manager
TotalChoice Hosting, Inc
dick@totalchoicehosting.com

Posted Image

#3 GuestarvindcGuest

GuestarvindcGuest
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

This will depend on how you are sending the emails such as sendmail or using smtp functions. I can tell you that you would need to throttle your emails down to under 200 per minute or less to have any success. There is also an hourly limit well below the amount you intend to send, so would need to take that into consideration.

Please open a ticket to tech support and they can give you more detailed information concerning the current rates on your server.

Thanks jackaroo for providing the information and knowledge about E- mail limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users