Godaddy Ssl Cert ?

I am trying to get all of this SSL business down. I have installed my shopping cart. I want to offer Paypal and some sort of credit card processor. I don't want to be responsible for credit card numbers.

I understand I need an SSL, even with a 3rd party company. If I buy an SSL through GoDaddy (they're 19.99/year), can I install it here?

My cart is not at the root of my domain. It's in a subdirectory. Is that imortant?

Thanks in advance.

Sandra

Guest Serpentine

Yes you can have it installed here. There is a $35 installation fee that you will need to take care of first. As for your cart not being at root, it matters not. The SSL will take care of it so you will be secure.

Hello,

You can get Paypal to accept credit cards, the user won't even then need a credit card.

If you want one of us to check the SSL cert before you buy, please let one of the staff know. Also there is a fee to have this installed.

The cart not being in the root is VERY important when you buy the certificate as its most likley the certificate is only for a single domain, not a subdomain) Also a cert is only for 1 year, after which, you will need to buy another one and have it installed again. Sorry.

If you don't want the whole hassle of it all, I would stick with Paypal.

JimE

Guest Serpentine
The cart not being in the root is VERY important when you buy the certificate as its most likley the certificate is only for a single domain

True but, if you have the cert set for https://www.yourtchdomain.com and the cart is in a folder under that it will still work. I have had it that way myself. The only way it would cause problems is if you have the cart as a subdomain.