Mac V Windows

makaveli

What's it to be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. OS Choice

• Microsoft Windows XP
    • Mac OS X
    • Linux, other...
  2. 2. If your Running Windows Would you consider the Move?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already using Mac/Other

ok, so what it is, my PC is gettin old and slowing down, and for my Next Purchase Im considering a Mac.

as i use these on my course and i like the OS.

i use my home pc for, internet, a bit of design and "typing up" :)

so thing is, what do people think of Mac OS. should i wait for the new version so i can Dual Boot windows with a Intel chip (without the beta boot camp) :naughty:

- edit - could a mod add Mac into the first poll question, i forgot to put it in :) and cant find the poll edit button!

Edited by TCH-Tim

I'm not going to get into another Mac vs. Windows vs. Linux discussion - tired of em - but as for your second part, my situation was Windows only at work, Windows on my laptop at home and Windows and recently linux dual boot on the desktop at home.

My laptop blew a hard drive - couldn't even reformat it - so I got another and started fresh. It now is sitting here as I type this with Ubuntu (Breezy) only - no Windows dual boot or anything. To answer your question, yes I would switch (did) but consider that I've been a programmer since 77 so Linux is not scary to me as it may be for beginners or folks that just want something simple.

Until about a year ago, I never even considered purchasing a Mac.

I needed a new laptop, and decided that the 12" PowerBook had the perfect weight/battery life for my needs. I hung around the Apple Store for a little while, played with OS X, and decided that I could live with it.

Now, just over a year later, I find that I use my PowerBook for everything! I love being able to open up the Terminal and use my Unix knowledge, and when I'm done return to an excellent interface.

I still use my Windows machines when the task at hand can be more quickly or easily accomplished using that OS, however the majority of my work can be done just as easily on OS X.

i fancy the little notebook if im honest, but thing is the only small one is £699 (GBP) and only has a 40GB HDD and 256 Ram :)

what are people opinions on mac minis, i have heard they are silent, apart from a slight noise with busy CD's :D