Mail Window

claudym

Hello again,

so now that my site is online and i'm still sane (thank you Steve and Andy) can someone please tell me how I can have my contact mail (info_at_issakoffassociates.net) open up a compose mail window when someone click on it? can i do that in Dreamweaver? do I have to write code? ('panic')????

thanks!

Edited by TCH-Dick

If I'm understanding what you want to do, by creating a "mailto:" link, whenever the user clicks on that link, it will open up a compose email window based upon the settings of the USER...not the web designer. If you wanted a specific format, look, etc., you could use some type of email form code. Don't panic...it's not that hard. There are many places on the web you can look. Check out the forums...we just had a thread going about this, but I don't remember where.

Thanks for the reminder Bruce...I was gonna put that in, but forgot. :oops:

Claudym (and anyone else): There are several methods that you can use to encrypt your email address. A good site I use (and it doesn't require any programming skills) can be found here.