Words On Webpage Appear Typed Over Each Other - Why?

Mrs. Muddled

post-7242-1233210625_thumb.jpg

Do you have any idea why the left column on this website appears like this on my computer screen? I have never had a website do this before. I have alerted the folks who set up the website (Weekend To End Breast Cancer) and they say I am the only person who is seeing the jumbled words on their webpages.

My computer is set to the same ratio as the website.

I have tried zooming in and out using CTRL and my mouse ... it does not correct the problem.

Is there something obvious that we are missing?

MM

Thanks Dick.

What kind of explanation can you give me for what is happening? Why would I be the ONLY person who sees this oddity on their website? I asked the woman on the phone if she had tried to access the forum from her home computer and if everything appeared normal on her screen. She said there was no problem.

I don't understand what you have done to replicate this. I know it is going to be something really simple that I'm just not clicking the right key to "fix."

Have you actually gone to the website?

You know I will pick away at this until I solve it. I am retired. I have the time! :)

Thomas! You are BRILLIANT!!! :)

NO! The website is PERFECT when I use Internet Explorer.

Go figure?

I don't use IE because it is so unbelievably slow I would call it dysfunctional. I've never been able to "fix" it.

So, why is Firefox doing something like that? I'm a big Firefox fan.

:offtopic: I guess my next question is: How the heck do I fix IE? I know I've already posted about it. Everything I tried was a waste of retirement time.

MM

Aha!!!

I followed your instructions. I had to change it quite a few times before I got it small enough that it cleared the problem. BUT! Now the font on my screen is so tiny, I can't read it!

I guess seeing as the problem is only on that one website, I'll just have to deal with it there. At least now I understand what caused it.

Thanks a million Thomas!

MM