Moving Website And Email, Looking For A Good Price And Reliability

freekylaugh

I've spoken with another hosting company and their service seem great and the rep I spoke with was friendly and knowledgeable. He gave me the information they need to migrate my web content and I decided to switch my email over to google apps because email is critical for our business. He said our site wouldn't take very much time or effort to move and quoted me $30 for migrating everything. He even said the switch would happen in minutes but It would take at least a day to get our site setup first before redirecting the domain. I wanted their basic shared plan since that's what he recommend for $9.95 a month, and if that didn't work for us we could move to a cloud server and figure out the resources our site requires. He even said he would setup an off site archive backup for us just in case and "because he likes me so much" haha.

I found your site when trying to get back to Taylor (the rep I've worked with) and decided to look at the options here. I'll probably speak to Taylor about it but I was wondering if tch will do everything for us to and for about the same price. Other professional web services were WAY out of our budget and we'll be saving a lot moving to a new host. He said he would be able to install software for us for small fee's as well if they aren't part of X which is what they started using.

If I have problems with software that isn't available through you can your support help me at all? Do you have off site backups incase there's a server problem or maintenance so we can get the site up again quickly?

I like the idea of having support that responds the way they do when I'm used to hearing "no" or "we can't find anything wrong"

So to paraphrase, can you handle the work for me and what would it cost? How's the support for 3rd party software or other hosting needs (we need a VPN or proxy to help with bandwidth and other reasons)

Edited by TCH-Thomas
Excluded other companies.

Thank you for your interest in our plans. I will try to answer your questions posted.

We provide free transfer of the account to our server provided your current host is having cpanel. Regarding installation help of softwares, this is not part of the hosting service but we do try our best in assisting clients with the setup. But it is entirely upto you to maintan and keep it updated.

All plans include weekly backup that runs every sat to a secondary disk, plus offline backups taken twice per day to our backup cloud so you are looking at 7x2 = 14 instances of offline backups.

That said, I am sorry to say we do not have free VPN slots available.

• 2 months later...

Best to lodge a ticket with Sales, explain what you need, they will work with you to achieve your goals as best they can, nothing is impossible and I am speaking from experience on both sides of the fence. As a TCH user and also when I did some Support Desk work for them some Xmas's ago when they needed some help. This is a family of friends who believe in helping each family member have an enjoyable hosting time, not promise the earth and then find out that what they tell you won't happen. I too have had this happen, and it caused huge amounts of headaches for me and a person that helps me, and we wasted a lot of very valuable unpaid for time, like 4 days.

What Balakrishnan has said is correct, they do do a lot of backups which is always helpful to know. Remember you can also do your own backups to off-site premises like your business or home to a NAS you might have as well, I currently do that with two NAS and have about 1.5 Terrabytes of backups on one of them. I have around 8+ Terrabytes of disk space spread over three devices, as drives do fail, one running 4 x 2 Terrabyte drives in RAID which gives me around 5.6 Terrabytes Usable, and can have two disks fail and replace them, they will rebuild themselves back, which I think is a pretty safe way of doing things. One other device has 2 x 2 Terrabyte drives but they are single drives not in raid, use one for backup of home stuff and the other will be used for secondary backup from the main raid system. Then I have a portable drive that I can put in place as well.